Being tall can be a boon in most situations, but it could be problematic for them to buy furniture. This can be true, especially when they go shopping for recliners. Most recliners are designed for average-sized men, and if a tall person were to sit on a recliner like that, they would be very uncomfortable indeed.
They may end up straining their backs, necks, and legs from trying to cram into a recliner that was not made for them. The pain doesn’t stop there; they also have trouble rising to their feet.
Someone with lengthy legs needs a recliner with a taller seat and back to properly support their body. Thankfully, companies are starting to design things such that big and tall guys don’t get stuck in narrow spaces like the ones created by armrests. As such, we have created a set of recommended recliners for this build.
Best Tall Man Recliners
FDW Recliner Chair Single Reclining Sofa Leather Chair
This budget-friendly single reclining chair is perfectly suited for tall people and doesn’t take up too much space in the house. The best part about it is that it does not take very long to set it up; according to the manufacturers, it takes just under 2 minutes! With its sleek and modern looks, it is not limited to be used just inside the house (in the club or office as well); you can use it outdoors as well since it offers excellent sunlight resistance.
- Setting up takes less than 2 minutes; no tools are required.
- Reclining back and dual-function foot extension
- Made from solid hardwood for extra durability, it can support up to 300 pounds.
- It has a high back and armrests for the ultimate comfort
- Very attractive pricing
- Waterproof material makes it easy to clean.
- Can accommodate a large person easily.
- Looks good in any type of setting
- Some customers have complained of receiving a faulty product.
- Some customers have said that the chair is not comfortable at all.
Homall Single Recliner
This recliner chair is made of skin-friendly PU leather, offers great back support, and won’t take up too much space in the house. The footrest has a durable steel frame and thick padding for more comfort. The feet of the recliner is made up of soft plastic, so you don’t have to worry about dragging it across the room if you have wooden flooring. Though it required assembly, the manufacturers assure you that it is easy and would refund your money or replace the product if you are not happy with the product.
- Has curved armrests for extra comfort
- High-quality PU leather that is skin-friendly
- Very easy to assemble
- It does not take up a lot of space because of its compact design
- Great value for money
- Solid construction can accommodate large persons easily.
- Sturdy reclining mechanism
- The manufacturer will replace the product if you are not happy with the product within a month.
- The chair is not made of the strongest construction.
- The recliner can be a bit small.
The Space Saver:
Domesis Renu Leather Wall Hugger
This wall-hugging electric chair is available at a great price and is available in 5 colors, namely brown, black, burgundy red, cream, and brown renu leather. It features two power buttons for automated operation and to recline the chair in any desired position. The material is soft and looks just like leather, and is breathable. The wall-hugging design means this recliner is not going to take up a lot of space in your living room or den. If you or a loved one has mobility issues, this is the go-to chair for that.
- Perfectly cushioned in the seat, back, and legs
- According to the manufacturer, it takes no more than 10 minutes to assemble it
- Great looks without the price tag of a full leather chair
- Just needs 4 inches of wall clearance to recline
- Easy to clean using a damp cloth
- A very quiet lift mechanism
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Side pocket for a wired controller
- Customers have said that the chair has a tipping risk
- Since this chair is completely electric, it may get stuck if the power goes out
Power Lift Recliner Chair
By pressing only two buttons, the entire seat can be raised to alleviate pressure on the legs and lower back. This is a great function for the elderly to have. With its anti-back-tipping design and sturdy under-seat structure, you may put it in the position that best suits you without worrying about falling over. The USB ports are conveniently located on the right side of the chair, and there are cup holders on both sides.
- Comes equipped with a remote control
- 2 USB charging ports and 2 cup holders
- Has been tested for safety and durability
- Lower noise level compared with other products in the category
- Doesn’t require any effort to adjust
- It doesn’t emit any smell
- Excellent build quality
- Great quality for the price
- The chair can be unstable at times and wobble
- Other customers feel that the chair’s size is inadequate
Seatcraft 2208 Monterey Leather Home Theater Seating Recliner
This beautiful recliner is made from the finest leather (called leather 7000) which the manufacturer claims to have picked from the top 30% for its texture. The material inside is a cooling memory gel that takes on the body’s contour. The recliner has cup holders on either side which are lighted for better visibility. It also features a tray table to place your favorite beverage or snack while you enjoy a movie. The tray table can be shoved in the in-arm storage when not in use. This recliner is a fantastic accessory if you use your home theater regularly.
- Made using the finest leather available on the market
- The headrests are overstuffed and adjustable
- Recline easily with the push of a button
- Dual lighted cup holders, foldable tray table
- Charge your smartphone or tablet with the in-built USB port
- Customers are very happy with the customer service
- The recliner has a sturdy construction
- Extremely comfortable and silent, does not make a noise
- It doesn’t take a long time to assemble the recliner
- Some customers have complained that their recliner was ripped when they received it
- The headrest leather starts peeling off after some use
Larkinhurst Traditional Earth Rocker Recliner
Give your living room the look of that worn furniture at a very low cost with the Larkinhurtst traditional earth rocker recliner. Feel the quality and comfort with the classic rolled armrests and the classic design made by Ashley Furniture who are one of the oldest and most respected firms in America since the mid-1940s. You can pair this with the rest of the furniture in your house and it won’t look out of place with its subdued tones.
- 22-inch distance between arms
- Seat cushions and back are attached
- Fabric made of mixed material
- Can be reclined in infinite positions
- Reversible cushions for longer life
- Material is spill and stain-proof, so very easy to clean
- Inside foam cores can be easily removed/replaced
- Customers have raved about how comfortable this recliner is
- Some customers have said that the recliner is very uncomfortable and becomes lumpy
- Other customers have complained of a bad smell emitting from the recliner
Buying for a Tall Man? Things to Consider
We already know that it is not an easy task to select a recliner for a tall man, because if it is not suitable for a tall body, it will cause a lot of discomfort. Here are a few things to help you choose the right one before you buy it.
Size (Chair and Room)
Recliners, like conventional chairs, come in a wide variety of styles and sizes; some can even seat two people at once! If you’re shopping for a chair for a tall individual, keep in mind that it shouldn’t have a sloping back. A tall individual should be able to sit in the chair with his or her feet flat on the floor or a footrest. You can then tell if the seat is at the right depth for that person.
Thighs shouldn’t droop over the front of the chair. The backrest must also provide adequate support for the head. Also, if a person has narrow hips, a seat that is excessively wide may be uncomfortable for them. However, a small seat may be uncomfortable if the person also has wide hips. Therefore, it is not as simple as purchasing the largest recliner available.
Another thing to consider is the size of the room the recliner is going to be in. The recliner may be a perfect size for the intended person, but it could be too big for the room. So the room must be measured before the recliner is bought.
Is there too much gap between the seat and the footrest (or other moving parts)? If there is, it could be a safety concern for the user and others. In most cases, there is hardly any gap because it is covered by the seating material. But make sure the gap is not enough for small children or pets to get in. In some cases, clothes may get snagged into gaps and create unpleasant situations.
There are several ways to check for this, first and foremost is the reliability of the manufacturer. One simple way to look for this is to check reviews from more than one source. What is the material being used in the construction of the recliner? Have there any reports of the frames coming apart or sagging? Or wobbly parts? Is the chair sturdy enough to not suddenly tip over? Another thing to check is whether it is comfortable sitting on the recliner for extended periods.
We have said this before, but the longer the warranty, the better it is. It simply shows that the manufacturer is committed to their craft and is only producing something that is going to last a while. You should be mindful of what factors may nullify the warranty.
- Reclining Angles: Some chairs go all the way down to form a bed, some of them are limited to 2-3 positions, while some can be reclined at any angle one desire.
- Mobility: Some recliners offer to rock, swiveling, or gliding motions in addition to reclining angles for relaxation purposes. Some also offer power lifting or tilting as additional features.
- USB Charging, Cup Holders: To charge smartphones or tablets while enjoying a beverage.
- Motors: Some models have separate motors for different functions, such as operating the backrest and footrest separately.
You are now better informed about buying a recliner for a tall person. Since the person would be spending a lot of time sitting on it, they must be aware of all or most of the features. But one should also remember that one single recliner may not offer all the features they are looking for. On the other hand, the one offering the features may not be available for the desired frame. So, a little compromise may be required.
Last update on 2023-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API