Do you want to limit the clutter in your home or have limited living space? You should seriously consider getting a good-quality full-sized daybed.
The day I stumbled onto the full-sized daybed, my world shifted. Both my daughter’s room and the guest room now have one of these handy full-size daybeds, and I can honestly say that my life has become considerably simpler as a result of the extra storage space and chic decor they’ve provided.
After some serious research and experience, I have compiled a list of the top 10 full-sized daybeds, which I can wholeheartedly recommend to you.
- Features a strong metal frame for added sturdiness and better air circulation
- It has a beautiful Victorian-style design.
- The trundle is easy to roll in and out thanks to the easy-glide casters, two of which lock
- The bed fits a full-sized mattress, and the trundle is a standard twin-size one.
- The bed will hold up to 400 lbs. and the trundle – up to 225 lbs.
- The dimensions are 77.5 x 56 x 41.5(H) inches
- No annoying squeaking
- Some of the welds on the metal construction do not seem strong enough.
If you are looking for a very functional yet affordable full-sized daybed, you should try this one out. It looks great and is perfect if your kids have regular sleepovers or if you need to accommodate guests or family members.
- A beautiful contemporary design
- Very sturdy metal frame with no squeaking
- Available in silver, white, or bronze
- It fits a standard full-sized mattress
- Very quick and easy assembly thanks to the detailed instructions
- Perfect size for any guest room or other small space (4(H) x 34 x 81 inches)
- Sufficient storage space underneath the bed
- It doesn’t include a trundle
This Victoria full-size daybed is a superb choice if you want a compact yet comfortable and stylish bed for a smaller space. It can be used as a sofa, but if you also want a trundle, you will need to buy one separately.
- Solid wood frame with wood slat details
- Storage space underneath
- Very clean lines and a beautiful finish
- Compact size (34 x 77.25 x 42.25 inches)
- Trundles are sold separately.
- Not quite as solid as some of the other daybeds, so it has a weight limit of less than 225
The Dorel Living Kayden daybed looks great, comes at a very attractive price, and can fit in any compact living space. Versatile and pretty looking – it is a great addition to any interior.
- Very good support thanks to the 26 wood slats
- Easy to maintain and clean linen fabric cover
- A durable construction
- Compact and slim, it can fit in the tiniest of rooms (33H x 41.5 x 78 inches)
- Attractive design based on the style of the 1950s
- You don’t need a foundation or spring box.
- Easy to assemble
- You need to purchase a trundle separately if you want to add one to the daybed.
This 50’s style upholstered daybed will fit perfectly in any limited living space. You can use it as a bed or a couch, and the free space underneath it is ideal for storing stuff.
I fell in love with this elegant full-sized daybed as soon as I set eyes on it. Its design includes some very intricate and stylish details which will bring beauty to any living space. It is sturdy and very practical. I recommended this bed to my sister and her husband, and their dog, who both love taking day naps, couldn’t have been happier with the purchase.
- A beautiful and timeless design
- Features a sturdy metal frame with a beautiful bronze finish
- A freestanding trundle which you can roll out of place anywhere to accommodating extra guests
- It fits a twin size mattress
- The bed can carry up to 400 lbs. and the trundle up to 225 lbs.
- The daybed can fit anywhere (77.5 x 41.5 x 42.5(H) inches)
- Stress-free assembling process
- No squeaking whatsoever
- Children or shorter people may find it a bit high to use as a couch.
This is a beautiful full-sized daybed, which is so versatile, and sturdy, and yet looks amazingly elegant. I would highly recommend it to anybody looking for a top-quality full-sized daybed.
- The classic design will suit just about any decor.
- The trundle has 2 locking casters and two non-locking ones for easy rolling out and locking in position.
- Can fit two twin mattresses
- Can be used as a sofa, a daybed, and a bed for guests
- It can fit in confined spaces (26 x 82 x 4 (H) inches)
- Easy to put together
- Not as robust as some of the other daybeds
This is an absolutely superb, multi-functional, and beautiful daybed that will become the centerpiece of any living area or room in your house. I bought one as a present for my goddaughter and she is very happy with it!
- Very well-made and beautiful design
- Features 3 spacious storage drawers underneath the roll-out trundle
- Made of solid wood
- Assembled dimensions are 36.25(H) x 80.5(W) x 42.5(L) inches
- Wooden slats for adequate support
- Sold at an excellent price for the quality provided
- You need to be careful not to scratch the paint during assembly
- It is quite high for a toddler to get on and off
This is a fabulous full-size daybed that has added drawers and a very convenient trundle. It is a well-made and durable piece of furniture which you can use for years to come!
- Very fast assembly
- Simple and yet impressive modern design
- Very reasonably priced
- A sturdy and stylishly curved frame
- Great for a small room or den
- Useful storage space underneath the bed
- If you also require a trundle you will have to buy one separately
- Can get quite squeaky when used by heavier people
This daybed is suitable for any small space. It is great for accommodating occasional guests and has a simple yet very classy design. Best of all – it comes at a very reasonable price!
- Can fit a full-size mattress
- Clean and classy design
- Made of pine and spruce
- Beautiful espresso finish
- Great for seating and for sleeping
- The mattress slat requires no additional box spring
- Dimensions are 77.2(W) x 56.9(L) x 34(H) inches
- Assembling the be could be challenging if you are not a handyman
- Doesn’t include a trundle
This is a fine full-size daybed that you can use for sitting, relaxing, napping, and accommodating guests who are sleeping over. Adaptable and well-made, you will be making a great investment if you pick this daybed.
- A chic wingback design with durable and stylish gray upholstery
- The bed comes with the frame, headboard, footboard legs and wood slats included
- It has foam padding on the steel frame to prevent squeaking and noise
- It offers convenient storage space underneath, with a height of 13.75 inches
- It is available in Queen, King, Full, and Twin sizes
- It is easy and quick to assemble with the tools required and detailed instructions included in the package
- It can work with any type of mattress – memory, foam, latex, or spring
- The Queen size is 45 (H) x 64.6 (W) x 84.2 (L) inches and weighs 102 lbs.
- The bed comes with a 5-year warranty
- What type of mattress do you need for a daybed?
The mattress on a daybed is typically a thin mattress, due to the limited space. A full-size daybed needs a foam or latex mattress, in order to provide both comfort and support. The most common type of foam mattress is memory foam. Memory foam mattresses are usually made of two layers. The bottom layer provides support, while the top layer conforms to your body shape and provides cushioning.
- Can daybeds be used every day?
Of course, daybeds can be used every day. If you want to use your daybed every day, get a mattress that’s supportive enough for your weight. A memory foam mattress would be a good choice. Choose the firmness that’s right for you, and it will last longer.
- Can a box spring be used on daybeds?
You cannot use a box spring for daybeds, because they require a special type of support. Many full-size daybeds have built-in slats that provide the necessary support for your mattress. A box spring will elevate a bed too high for it to be used as a daybed.
Having a full-size daybed has so many advantages. You can use it as a comfortable seating area, you can nap on it or sleep on it, or you can convert it into an extra bed for guests or family members who are sleeping over.
The modest footprint and adaptability of these daybeds make them ideal for apartments and other homes with limited floor space.
Pick a full-size daybed with or without a trundle to suit your needs from among several lovely styles.
If you frequently have overnight guests or if you’d just like a comfortable place to unwind or take sleep, you should definitely invest in one.
Hope I have helped make your decision easier with my list of the top awesome full-size daybeds!
Last update on 2023-09-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API